HANDBOOK FOR SCULPTURE AWARD FINALISTS 2023
Welcome to the R.T Nelson Awards for Sculpture 2023. We’re excited to be working with you and look forward to see all the sculptures together.
This handbook is restricted to to finalists of the R.T Nelson Awards for Sculpture 2023 and is intended to help you prepare your art for delivery and collection after the exhibition.
Please ensure your artwork complies with our terms and conditions.
If you have any queries regarding the information listed here, please contact email@example.com or phone 04-387-4370 / 022 68 57 884
- Decide how you you will deliver your artworks – courier or hand delivery. Dates and times are in the timeline and more information is listed below
- When your work is complete, fill in the submission form. Due by May 10. Link to submission form here.
- Send images of completed works to firstname.lastname@example.org. They are going to added to our website so they must be well-photographed with clean and clear backgrounds They must be jpegs, not pdf or word doc, and at least in the size range of 600KB.
- Send images of you at work in your studio. These will be used on our promotional platforms and in a slideshow as part of the exhibition. They must be jpegs, not pdf or word doc, and at least in the size range of 600KB.
- If you haven’t already, send us some images of examples of previous artworks. We will use them on our promotional platforms leading up to the exhibition.
IN EARLY MAY
We’ll send you directions on where to deliver your artworks, with a map and delivery labels for you to print out should you choose to use.
LABEL YOUR ARTWORK
If you are sending two artworks, please label each one so that we know which one is which.
DELIVERING YOUR ARTWORKS
- You are responsible for all delivery costs.
- There are two delivery option: courier or hand delivery
- Courier Delivery: Artwork is to be delivered to the venue on Monday May 29. The venue will not accept any packages any earlier than that date.
- Hand delivery: Please deliver to the venue on Monday 29 May, 10am – 2pm.
- If your artwork is delicate or requires assembly, please hand deliver and install the piece on Tuesday 30 May. It will most likely be in the afternoon but we’ll confirm times with individual artists.
- All sales will be conducted through the NZ Art Show sales system.
- Artworks will stay on display for the duration of the show and sold artworks can be uplifted by the purchaser on Sunday afternoon.
- There is a commission of 25% on all sales.
- For non-GST registered artists, there is GST applied to the commission.
- Artists will get paid by July 20, but we will endeavour to pay as soon as possible.
COLLECTION OF UNSOLD ARTWORKS
- We’ll notify artists if they have made sales.
- Apart from artworks that are delicate or require assembly, we’ll pack your unsold art in the packaging you provide.
- There are two methods of collection: courier and hand.
COURIER COLLECTION FROM THE VENUE
- Either mail return courier tickets to us to arrive by May 19: R.T Nelson Awards for Sculpture, C/- NZ Art Show, PO Box 14817, Wellington 6241 . Do not include courier tickets with your artwork as they might get lost in the packaging.
- OR organise a Freight Forward with your choice of freight company, to be collected from the venue on the morning of June 6.
HAND COLLECTION FROM THE VENUE
- There are two dates you can collect directly from the venue: Sunday June 4 or Monday June 5
- Sunday June 4 – 12 noon: If your artwork is delicate or requires disassembly please come to the venue. You must sign it out with our staff. If your work has sold you are responsible for delivering it to the new owner.
- Sunday June 4 – in the afternoon – time TBC. You may come and collect your art – we’ll have it packed for you. You must sign it out with our staff.
- Monday June 5 – 10am. Please come to the front foyer to collect your art – we’ll have it packed for you. You must sign it out with our staff.
|March 27||Submission form open|
|May 10 – Wed||Submission forms due|
|May 19 – Fri||Return courier tickets due for those who have selected this option|
|May 29 – Mon||Courier and hand delivery of artworks to TSB Arena, Wellington. 10am -2pm for hand delivery.|
|May 30 – Tues||Sculptures that are delicate or require assembly: artists to deliver and install. TIme to be arranged with management.|
|May 31 – Wed||Judging takes place. Winners will be notified and invited to the NZ Art Show VIP Preview|
|June 1 – Thurs||Winners announced at VIP preview NZ Art Show|
Exhibition open to Friends and sponsors at VIP preview and Gala evening.
All artworks for sale.
|June 2 & 3||Sculpture awards exhibition open to public hosted by the 2023 NZ Art Show.|
|June 3||Artists will be notified if they have made sales.|
|June 4 – Sun||Exhibition closed to public and uninstalled. Sculptures that are delicate or require disassembly are to be uninstalled by artists at a time to be arranged with management.|
|June 4 – Sun||Artists may collect unsold artworks from the venue in the afternoon at a time to be arranged with management.|
|June 5 – Mon||Artists may collect unsold artwork in person from TSB Arena – 10am. This is the last day for hand collection.|
|June 6 – Tues||Courier unsold artworks to artists from TSB Arena venue.|
NB: The morning of June 6th is the last day for all unsold artworks to be collected.
|July 20||Artists who have sold artworks will be paid by this date – we will endeavour to pay artists well before this date.|